The DiamondMax Plus 9 hard disk drive is designed to exceed previous standards for desktop performance. DiamondMax Plus 9 drives are offered with industry-standard capacity points up to 250GB. By delivering a performance hard drive using a highly leveraged design with state-of-the-art quality and reliability, Maxtor demonstrates technology leadership with DiamondMax Plus 9 drives.
- Fast ATA/Enhanced IDE-compatible
- Serial ATA option with transfer speeds up to 150MB/sec
- 100% FDB (fluid dynamic bearing) motors
- Shock Protection System
- Data Protection System
- Capacity: 160GB
- Form Factor: 3.5 inch
- Cache: 8MB
- Interface: SATA 1.5Gb/s
- Spindle Speed: 7200RPM
- External Transfer Rate: 150Mb/sec
- Average Seek Time: 9.3ms
- Average Latency: 4.2ms
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 55°C
- Non-operating Temperature: -40°C to 71°C
- Operating Mechanical Shock 2ms (G): 60
- Non-operating Mechanical Shock 2ms (G): 300
- Weight: 1.3lbs
Manufacturer Part Number
OEM Part No.
Spindle Speed (RPM)
26.1mm x 101.6mm x 147mm
Warranty and Returns
Standard Warranty: All hardware products include a limited 90 day warranty from date of purchase. We guarantee that the product(s) purchased will be free of defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the warranty period. ITRenewDirect.com will repair or replace product as needed during the warranty period. Software products are not covered by our limited warranty.
Return for refund: Your satisfaction is our highest priority! If you are not completely satisfied with your product within 30 days from date of purchase you may return your item for a full refund of your product purchase price.
For more information visit our Warranty and Returns Page.
A refurbished product has been pre-owned and has gone through a remanufacturing process to restore the unit to full working condition and has been extensively tested, cleaned and updated.
Grading is all about the cosmetic finish of a product.
All units are fully operational, functionally tested and have passed a vigorous Quality Control Protocol.
Our products are Grade A unless otherwise stated.
- Grade A - Unit is in Very Good to Excellent Condition - Has slight but minor Cosmetic Blemishes, barely visible
- Grade B - Unit is in Good Condition – blemishes are more numerous but limited to scratches but do not affect functionality in any way.
- Grade C - Unit is in Poor Condition, with some dents and major blemishes. Not sold through our retail outlets.